Lettuce, a lovely head this week.
There’s also more lovely rainbow chard! We had the option again this week to take some chard and/or kale, but the chard is too beautiful to pass up, especially this week. This is a particularly nice bunch.
I got more green beans, too! I roasted most of last week’s at 425˚ for about 25 minutes until they got crunchy and brown, like green bean french fries. They were really tasty and definitely worth turning the oven on.
There’s also more garlic this week. I noticed with the last head that this is much harder to peel than what you buy at the grocery store.
Now for the new! There’s sweet corn! I promised Gavin I would save some for him.
- Lettuce – salad
- Swiss chard – sauteed with the cherry tomatoes
- Onions – fajitas
- Green beans – roasted
- Carrots – cut into sticks and snacked on
- Zucchini – zucchini bread and ratatouille boats
- Cucumbers – fridge pickles and gifted to a friend
- Garlic – cooking this week
- Corn – boiled, with butter and salt
- Eggplant – ratatouille boat filling
- Pepper – fajitas
- Tomatoes – cooked with the swiss chard