KitchenHacks is back! And married!
Now that Gavin and I are married, I’ve been assuming primary lunch-packing duties, especially while I wait to start my new job. I tired of packing him a container of leftovers and baggie of tortilla chips pretty quickly, mainly because I felt like it was a crappy lunch. So I convinced him that he should get a Laptop Lunchbox like mine, except in a manlier color. His is black with dark blue inside containers and a spare set of red containers.
Lessons I have learned so far packing lunches for someone pickier than myself:
- An apple with peanut butter can be marketed as a main dish similar to a PBJ without the bread.
- Snap peas and cheese without crackers do not make Gavin happy.
- Salads with leftover meat on top are a super-hit and lead to zero food waste.
- Lids are appreciated on all containers to avoid leakage (even on things I wouldn’t always pack a lid on).
- The more fruit, the better. Nuts are good too.
- Hard-boiled eggs work as part of the lunch in a pinch.
I think overall his lunches have had a lot more variety than they did before and definitely contain more fruits and vegetables.
Gavin’s thoughts: “They are super good and more nutritious than before.”
We’ll be posting some pictures of our lunches throughout the summer!